Sunday, July 20, 2008

On Mission today?

The word mission simply means on a mission.


Did you wake up today with the mindset that you are on a mission today, not just any, not your personal ambitions in life, but The Mission, Missio Dei, God’s mission?


Did you wake up thinking I am a missionary and when I leave my house I am going into my mission field?


My neighborhood is my mission field, my job or school is my mission field, my grocery store is my mission field, everywhere I go is my mission field today?


Did you wake up thinking God has something for Me to do today?


And say – God help me to accomplish your mission today!


What ever it is help me to accomplish it.


That is the mind set God calls us to. He said Go, proclaim the gospel and make disciples, this is the primary mission of all true disciples of Christ, there are no exceptions to this calling, sending out.


This is how I want to live my life for now on, every morning to wake up and ask myself those questions.


To wake up and say:


I am a missionary!


I am on mission!


God help me to accomplish your mission today!

Labels: , , ,

|

 Subscribe in a reader


XML
Google Reader or Homepage
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe with Bloglines
BotABlog
Add to Technorati Favorites! Add to Technorati Favorites
Get RSS Buttons
Add to Technorati Favorites